(727) 490-8712 5027 Central Avenue St. Petersburg, FL 33710 Monday-Friday 8:00am–7:00pm
Site Navigation

How to Get a Green Card While Inside the United States

Many clients struggle with the decision of leaving their loved ones to return to their native country or violate U.S. Immigration Laws. Weylie Law’s Attorneys may be able to help you never have to leave your loved ones again and stay in compliance with U.S. Immigration Laws at the same time. If you are currently in the United States and are one of the specified categories of relatives of a U.S. citizen in a preference category, you may be able to become a permanent resident in two steps.

  1. Your U.S. citizen family member (sponsor) must file the Petition for Alien Relative, for you and it must be approved. You must wait for your priority date in your immigrant visa category to become current. Your priority date is the date when the Petition for Alien Relative is properly filed (with correct fee and signature) on your behalf by your U.S. citizen relative.
  2. Once the priority date in your visa category is current, you may file for Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Adjustment of Status is the process you go through to become a Permanent Resident or to get your Green Card.